WEEI announced this afternoon that Mike Adams will be joining “The Big Show with Glenn Ordway and Michael Holley” effective today. He will serve as the flash guy for the program, will be in-studio, ready to weigh in with a thought from Bill Lee or memory of the 1978 Red Sox.
If they’re trying to appeal to a younger audience, this is the exact wrong move.
On the air, it was mentioned that the Planet Mikey show is not being impacted by this move, but now that the Red Sox season has begun, most evenings are already scheduled with game broadcasts.
In another move, WEEI.com announced a content sharing partnership with the blog network SB Nation.
Some of the details about the deal, as outlined in the release from WEEI.com:
- WEEI.com will feature headlines and content from SB Nation websites relevant to all the Boston teams, and SB Nation will bring WEEI.com’s highly-regarded reporting and personalities to its readers in Boston and beyond.
- A new feature on WEEI.com called “Behind Enemy Lines” will provide news and commentary from SB Nation’s network of team-focused blogs about upcoming Boston opponents.
- A new, co-branded landing page will include links to SB Nation content appearing on WEEI.com as well as outbound links to national stories within the SB Nation network.
- WEEI.com and SB Nation will integrate relevant content within each other’s coverage of Boston sports teams, offering a unique diversity of perspectives on all the local teams.
- Content from each partner will appear on dedicated team pages & blogs in widget form for easy-to-use functionality.
Of interest from this desk is the fact that I write a weekly media column for SB Nation Boston. As far as I know, this does not impact me in any way. No one has said anything to me, anyway. We’ll see.