If the AFC Playoffs Began Today; Week Twelve is posted on Patriots Daily today.
Also check out John Molori’s exclusive interview with Bryant Gumbel.
Apparently Peter King has realized that he might need access to Bill Belichick and the Patriots sometime during this historic season. There can be no other reason for his column yesterday, titled Belichick deserves better.
King, as you recall, was one of those leading the charge in the whole Spygate scandal and was highly critical of the Patriots coach during that affair, saying that this incident wasn’t going to go away. Perhaps King realizes he is in danger of getting shut out by the Patriots the rest of the way unless he attempts to play nice. Or, maybe since all of the national media has turned against the Patriots, King has figured out that now he can stand out by defending them. These things all work in cycles…
Today on WEEI, King said that he still thinks the Ravens can beat the Patriots. Even if the Ravens’ defense is inspired that night, how is their offense, which has been anemic, going to score enough points to win?
Jason Whitlock says that Randy Moss has been more valuable than Tom Brady this season.
DJ Gallo predicts what advice the Patriots coaches will have for Charlie Weis when he talks to them after the season about what he can do better at Notre Dame.
Mark Starr in Newsweek says that there are plenty of reasons for the Patriots to keep running up the score.
Bill Burt says that the Patriots greatness shouldn’t be confused with a lack of sportsmanship.
Seth Wickersham checks out the old and new versions of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, and tries to determine which is better.
Michael Silver has his weekly 32 Questions NFL power rankings.
Bill Simmons has the Western Conference part of his retroactive NBA preview.
It appears that Daisuke Matsuzaka didn’t bring in as many Japanese endorsements as the Red Sox thought he would in his first season in Boston.
Features to watch during tomorrow’s NFL Programming:
FOX (Packers/Lions – game starts at 12:30)
- Pregame tribute to America’s Armed Services.
- Pam Oliver talks to recently reinstated Green Bay Packer Koren Robinson about his lifelong battle with alcoholism and his inspirational road back to the NFL.
- Legendary athletes in every sport, including Wayne Gretzky, Jack Nicklaus and Roger Staubach, pay tribute to future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre.
- NFL on FOX Galloping Gobbler Award.
CBS (Jets/Cowboys – game starts at 4:15)
- Thomas Jones of the Jets going up against his brother, Julius Jones of the Dallas Cowboys.
- Ravens fan Katy Marchman, a 9-year old girl who suffers from Angelman Syndrome.
- Grammy Award-winning recording artists Ashanti will sing the national anthem, while Kelly Clarkson will perform at halftime.
NFL Network (Colts/Falcons – game starts at 8:15)
- U.S. Army “Team Leaders.”
- A look at the special relationship between Colts head coach Tony Dungy and Mark Lemke, a truck driver from Shelton, Iowa who tragically lost his son.
- Adam Schefter goes “Around the League.”