Just back from the West coast and not enough energy to file the full links, so here’s a few quick thoughts…
- With the state of the local NFL franchise, why did the Globe feature an article on the interim coach of the Browns? Hint – there’s a Raiders connection.
- Gerry Callahan has been waiting all season for something to pounce on regarding Corey Dillon. His hyperbolic comments this morning on WEEI regarding Dillon going back in to get two yards to finish with 100 seemed a bit transparent though.
- Staying on that last point, Mike Reiss reports that the agent for Corey Dillon says there is no incentive clause for Dillon reaching 100 yards in a number of games.
- Not to turn this into a Peter King style coffeenerdness blurb, but I had my first Krispy Kreme over the weekend. Now I see what the fuss is about.
- As you might imagine, the steroid issue is HUGE on the West coast. Front page material in all Bay area papers, and atop the evening news.
- A BSMW member suggested in jest this morning that perhaps the Globe should have Dan Shaughnessy cover the Patriots and Nick Cafardo the Red Sox. Not a bad idea. I enjoy reading both of them when they cover those teams instead of vice versa.
- The Red Sox World Series Trophy made it to the West Coast last weekend, visiting a couple Red Sox hotspots out there.
- I meant to post this last week, but eWeek has an article on the Red Sox IT Operations.
- Gotta promote the BSMW brands, Patriots Rear View and Scott’s Shots both have new pieces up.
Hope to be back on the regular posting schedule tomorrow…