We’re sticking to “only the best” today, so no muckraking, no cheap shots, no agendas, just pure unadulterated sports coverage:
1) Albert R. Breer enlists the help of three NFL scouts to define five factors that could determine how this Sunday night’s Patriots/Colts matchup will play out. (Weird formatting though, there is a bunch of AP stuff added on the end, and the byline lists Breer as “Associated Press.”
3) Michael Silverman has Theo Epstein talking about how the Red Sox will likely need to get creative this offseason in order to improve the team.
4) Peter Abraham says that there are moves out there for Epstein and the Red Sox to make.
5) Kerry Byrne tells us why the Tom Brady/Peyton Manning matchup is the greatest QB rivalry in the history of the NFL.
6) Mike Reiss gives us 10 quick-hit thoughts on the Colts.
7) Jessica Camerato looks at Eddie House’s friendly relationship with the Suns and why they gave him the nickname “Cheat Code.”
8 ) Daniel Barbarisi tells us why why having Jason Varitek as a $3 Million backup next season would be a high risk/high reward move for the Red Sox.
9) Mike Loftus says that the Bruins won’t boast that their problems are finally over after their back-to-back wins, but at least they’re moving in the right direction.
Bonus: Remember the 1996 AFC Champion Patriots with Brendon Rosenau on the Patriots Daily 50th Anniversary Minute.