Brave man, that Chad Finn.
He’s ensured himself weeks of D&C and Big Show ridicule with his Globe OT column this week:
In the piece, Finn outlines the frustrations many fans have with WEEI’s format, all things that have been said plenty of times before, but giving them a much more visible platform. He also offers suggestions on how to make sports radio better here in Boston. Here are a few…and he expands on each point in the column:
- Have a well-considered opinion and the knowledge to defend it in an entertaining manner
- After you’ve beaten a story to death, please resist the temptation to beat on the corpse daily for another several weeks
- No more celebrity callers
- In order to qualify for airtime, a co-host has to be able to put two consecutive syllables together without his tongue tripping over his mustache
- Hosts are not permitted eight-part questions so long and windy that they require a syllabus and stretch from one commercial break to the next
- Enough with the drop-ins from comedians who’d bomb at the Ha-Ha House of Whiskey and Waffles
Finn has plenty of support in the comments of that article, but has also already drawn the ire of many WEEI supporters, who love everything about the station just as it is and cleverly say that Finn is just jealous.
Glenn Ordway will either ignore the column completely, or make vague references to it, trying to put down Finn by referring to him as a BLOGGER and talk about those “media websites” that think they know the business when they’ve never worked in it.
Related Entries at BSMW: